2020 Munchkin Marathon and Family Run
Register for $5 and child gets a T-shirt, bib, medal and goodie bag.
Parents can register for $5, as well, and get a T-shirt and bib.
Families are able to train together for this event! Kindergarten through 8th grade participants will track 25 miles on their very own Munchkin Marathon tracking sheet. On race day families will start right after the marathon, half marathon and 10K races, and run on the same course as the adults the final 1.2 mile. Parents, family or guardians can register for $5 and run for with the registered child, too!
Families are able to train together for this event! Kindergarten through 8th grade participants will track 25 miles on their very own Munchkin Marathon Tracking Sheet. On race day families will start right after the adult races and run on the same course as the adults the final 1.2 mile. The Munchkin Marathon & Family Run will run during the same time a the other races. There will be overlap to be aware of, just in case a parent was expecting to run another race and this race. There are also no late starts for the adult races.
Pre-race activities including group stretching and warming up and post race activities included food and inflatables depending on weather.
Participants can promote this event to their local running clubs, teams or schools so everyone can participate together. Wear your School Running Club or Team Sports Jersey as a group at the race! Each participant must register individually. No group registrations available.
The cost to participate is $5, but all participants must individually register for the event. Each participant will receive a Medal, Shirt and Bib while supplies last. Yes, parents, family members, or guardians are allowed to run with their children, and we ask they complete the parent runner registration form as well. (Yes, strollers are allowed.)
Parent or Guardian must complete registration and wavier for child.
Pre-Register your Running Club, Team or Group
If you plan on bringing a group of five or 100 to the race, please email the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I register on race day for the Kids Run?
- Yes, but it must be done from 6 -6:30 a.m. ONLY. The parent/guardian must sign a waiver at the race site.
- What does my child receive for participating?
- Each child will receive a medal, T-shirt and bib (while supplies last), and can be picked up at the Expo and Packet Pick-Up.
- Is there group registration?
- While there is no form for groups to register together, we do encourage running groups, teams, and clubs to all register individually and show up as a group.
- You can pre-register individually at THIS LINK so we can be sure we have enough shirts and medals.
- When does online registration close?
- Yes. Online registration will close one week before race day.
- Is there late in-person registration?
- Late in-person registration will be open and available at the Packet Pickup and Expo before the Race.
- Can I register by mail, phone, fax or email?
- We prefer all registrations be done online. NO MAIL, PHONE, FAX, or EMAIL.
On Race Day
The final 1.2 miles of the Munchkin Marathon will be run on race day starting at 6:55 a.m., and will start roughly after after the adult races start. Adult races and Munchkin Marathon will be running during the same time. Yes, parents are allowed to run with their children, and they must complete an online parent runner waiver form to register.
2020 Course from Garmin to Olathe South Track and back:
CLICK HERE to load the Garmin Connect page of this 1.2 map and load it to your Garmin device or download for any other use.
NOTICE: Distances shown on online maps do not match the official measurements of 1.2 miles, exactly. These online maps simply show all points of the course and turns.
If you have other questions check out the FAQ page.
The generosity of the event’s sponsors allows children to participate at no cost.