Before or after the race, you can take advantage of the great shopping, dining and attractions in Olathe and beyond. Here are some ideas to get you started.
Restaurants here in Olathe:
- Slow down and relax over a glass of wine at Stone Pillar Winery, or at KC Wine Co.
- Try some of KC’s world famous barbecue. Joe’s KC Barbecue (formerly Oklahoma Joe’s BBQ) picked as a winner in the 2012 Visitor’s Choice Awards.
- Visit the Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm Historic Site, the only remaining stagecoach stop on the Santa Fe Trail still open to the public.
- Enjoy some free activities, such as the Ernie Miller Nature Center.
- Find some fun at Advanced Laser Tag and more.
- Explore the great outdoors, indoors, at Bass Pro Shops.
- Check out the Official Visitor’s Guide to Olathe.
Kansas City at your doorstep:
- Enjoy some live music or theater. Check out Kansas City’s rich jazz history in the Blue Room, a museum by day and working jazz club by night.
- Stroll the gorgeous Country Club Plaza and see why Kansas City is called the City of Fountains.
- Take in one of Kansas City’s art galleries, such as the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Find fresh produce, international foods and local charm at the City Market.
- Enjoy some nightlife over a glass of our hometown Boulevard Beer in the Kansas City Power & Light District.
Find more ideas in the Kansas City area at visitkc.com.
If you have other questions check out the FAQ page.