Garmin Marathon Ambassador Program
Become an #OzRunAmbassador
Interested in being an ambassador for the Garmin Marathon?
Scroll down to learn all about the ambassador program and how to apply!
WE ARE CURRENTLY TAKING APPLICATIONS. All applications are due by Feb. 28.
Earn a complimentary registration for the full or half ONLY
Official Ambassador shirt mailed before the race
Your bio, photo, and social media links on Garmin Marathon website
Feature on the Garmin Marathon social media accounts
Access to Garmin Marathon Ambassador-only Facebook group
Please note: Ambassadors do NOT receive financial compensation of any kind. This is strictly and purely a volunteer role, not employee, freelance or contractor. We do not subsidize travel, lodging or training expenses or issue payment of any kind. Ambassadors serve in March and April, and are encouraged to reapply to continue on future years.
- Recruit: Get at least three people to sign up for the marathon or half marathon with an ambassador-specific 15% discount code. When three codes are redeemed, the ambassador will be sent a FREE entry code for themselves (non-transferable).
- Social Media: Ambassador must share on their social media platforms about the Garmin Marathon by doing any of the following regularly: blogging about training for the race, facebook shares of our posts, tweeting updates of their training, retweeting our tweets, and/or posting training updates on their Instagram.
- Represent: Wear your ambassador shirt when running. Talk to local running clubs, fellow runners and running stores about the Garmin Marathon. You can request fliers for placement in local running locations.
- Volunteer: Ambassadors are asked to volunteer during race week. If you are running the race, volunteer to work the expo/packet pickup. Ambassadors who are not running should volunteer for race-day positions including course monitors, aid stations, finish line festival, set-up or clean-up.
- Give Feedback: You’re our research team! Ambassadors are expected to fill out the post-race event survey. This helps us build a better race!
- Social networking not your thing? No worries. The race weekend volunteering is a higher level of need, and can replace the social media role if you are not in to social media.
Please note: Ambassador complimentary entry is given if and when at least three of their ambassador-specific codes have been redeemed and verified. The Race Director will check for code usage every 15 days to update ambassador on progress. There is no limit on amount of codes given out per ambassador. If a participant is chosen as an ambassador, and he/she has already paid for a registration, then that ambassador will receive a refund back to their card minus any processing fees. The 15% ambassador-specific discount code does NOT apply to any participants that are already registered for the 2019 event. The codes must be used my new registrants to earn the free ambassador entry.
Does being Garmin Marathon Ambassador sound like something for you?
Applications are due by Midnight on Feb 28.
All applicants will be informed of their status by March 1.