2017 Munchkin Marathon and Family Run
Warm-up at 6:30 a.m. in ITRUST Bank Parking Lot
Race starts approximately at 6:55 a.m.
Register for FREE and earn a SHIRT & MEDAL for kids only!
Confirm your kid or adult registration
The 2017 Munchkin Marathon & Family Run is designed to give young runners, Kindergarten through 8th grade, a chance to complete their own mini-marathon on the day of the Garmin Marathon. Parents, family or guardians can register and run for free with the registered child too!
Young runners will have be able to train for their own mini-marathon! As part of the fun run experience, participating kids, kindergarten through 8th grade, are encouraged to “train” by tracking 25 miles on their own leading up to race day. Families can train together and make as print out a tracking sheet for everyone. The final 1.2 miles, which starts near 106th and Ridgeview Rd, and will be completed on race day, April 22, 2017 after the adult races start. The race start time will be around 6:55 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. The Munchkin Marathon & Family Run will run during the same time a the other races. There will be overlap to be aware of, just in case a parent was expecting to run another race and this race. There are also now late starts for the adult races.
Pre-race activities including group stretching and warming up and post race activities included food and inflatables depending on weather.
Participants can promote this event to their local running clubs, teams or schools so everyone can participate together. Wear your School Running Club or Team Sports Jersey as a group at the race! Each participant must register individually. No group registrations available.
FREE Registration Open
There is no cost to participate, but all participants must individually register for the event. Each child will receive a Medal, Shirt and Bib while supplies last. Yes, parents, family members, or guardians are allowed to run with their children, and we ask they complete the parent runner registration form as well. Parents will NOT receive shirt or medal, they just need to complete the waiver if running. (Yes, strollers are allowed.)
Parent or Guardian must complete registration and wavier for child.
Pre-Register your Running Club, Team or Group
If you plan on bringing a group of 5 or 100 to the race, please complete the quick online pre-registration form found at this link: CLICK HERE
- Can I register on race day for the Kids Run?
- Yes, but it must be done from 6am-6:45am ONLY. The parent/guardian must sign a waiver at the race site.
- What does my child receive for participating?
- Each child will receive a Medal, Shirt and Bib while supplies last, and can be picked up at the Expo and Packet Pick-Up.
- Is there group registration?
- While there is no form for groups to register as a whole, we do encourage running groups, teams, and clubs to all register individually and show up as a group.
- However, you can pre-register your group, team or club at THIS LINK so we make sure we get enough shirts and medals.
- When does online registration close?
- ONLY Online registration will close about 1 week before race day.
- Is there late in-person registration?
- Late in-person registration will be open and available at the Packet Pickup and Expo Friday before the Race.
- Can I register by mail, phone, fax or email?
- We prefer all registrations be done online. NO MAIL, PHONE, FAX, or EMAIL.
On Race Day
The final 1.2 miles of the Munchkin Marathon will be run on race day, and will start roughly after after the adult races start. Adult races and Munchkin Marathon will be running during the same time. Yes, parents are allowed to run with their children, and they must do online parent runner waiver form to register.
If you have other questions check out the FAQ page.
The generosity of the event’s sponsors allows children to participate at no cost.