MILITARY APPRECIATION 50% DISCOUNT
The Garmin Marathon would like to extend its thanks to veterans, active duty, reserve and national guard members of all branches of the U.S. military by offering a 50% discount to those currently serving our country.
We want to give a special thanks to our men and women in uniform. Those of you who have served in the military, please take advantage of our discount and special refund policy. Request must be made by April 1st, 2018.
- If you’re a veteran, you qualify.
- If you’re active duty, you qualify.
- If you’re military reserve or National Guard, you qualify.
- If you’re the spouse or a child of someone who is active duty, military reserve or National Guard, you qualify.
- If you’re a military retiree or a spouse or child of a military retiree, you qualify.
- If you’re a spouse of a fallen soldier, you qualify.
- If you’re a child of a fallen soldier, you qualify.
- If you’re a parent of a fallen soldier, you qualify.
- Civilian employees of any branch of the military are not eligible for the discount.
Participants that are registering in person at the expo must show a military ID, LES, Orders or DD214 at packet pick-up. Anyone using the military discount without a personal military ID, LES, Orders, DD214 will not be able to pick up their bib and will forfeit all fees and will be banned for life from our race. If you are a qualifying member from the list above you need follow the instructions below to register now.
You MUST email a copy of the of service member’s LES, Orders or DD214 to receive the 50% discount code. If you are a spouse or child of an activity duty soldier, please email a copy of that service member’s LES, Orders or DD214. If you are a surviving spouse, parent, or child of a fallen soldier, please email the Race Director at email@example.com to get qualifying information. Please do not email a copy of your Military ID since it is a federal offense. LES = (Leave and Earning Statement) – If you are unable to send any of these documents, please email the race director for more options.
DISCLAIMER: This discount does not apply to the Heartland Series, Olathe 10K series, nor can be applied with any other promotions or discounts.
REFUNDS DUE TO ORDERS
If any active duty service-member registers and subsequently receives orders that prevent them from attending the race, we give you the option to refund your registration fee, or transfer your registration to the next year, or to family member.
Registrations that use the military discount cannot be transferred to non family member or sold.
Thank you for serving!
Become a Grant Group Volunteer to get $20 per volunteer
HOW TO BECOME A GRANT GROUP
- Are you an organization looking for fundraising opportunities?
- Can you commit at least 10 volunteers to the 2018 Garmin Marathon?
For groups and organizations, the Garmin Marathon offers a fun volunteering opportunity. Qualifying volunteer groups of ten or more will receive $20 for every volunteer** through a grant group program. For example, if your group has 20 members register and volunteer, a donation of $400 will be made to your group.
To request that your group become a GRANT GROUP please email the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org
**No one group will receive more than $800.00 in donation monies from the Grant Group Program OR 40 volunteers worth.
***Volunteer’s must each work at least one (2-4) hour shift to qualify.